ANGLERS FISH THE CLUB WATERS AT THEIR OWN RISK
LEAVE NO LITTER (OFFENDERS WILL BE BANNED)
1. Any member to produce his Club Card and Identification Card at the request of any Bailiff, Official or Member of the Committee.
2. Abuse, verbal or otherwise aimed at any Club Official, Committee Member, Bailiff or Member will not be tolerated under any circumstance.
Offenders will be subject to disciplinary action.
3. Any Bailiff, Official or Member of the Committee shall have the authority to be shown fish in any Anglers possession
4. The use of KEEP NETS IS FORBIDDEN, matches excluded.
5. All anglers must have their own adequately sized unhooking mat.
Anyone fishing for Carp or Pike must have a specimen sized landing net of 36 inches across the top and unhooking mat of size 36” x 24”.
No sharing of equipment.
6. Memberships, Day Tickets, 24 Hour Tickets and Permits are available at Butterley Reservoir. Bailiffs may ask to see EA Rod Licences.
7. All anglers are requested to protect the Club waters and the property surrounding it.
Anglers trespassing on adjoining land or damaging adjacent fencing or property will be subject to disciplinary action.
8. Fires may only be lit during the period 1st October to 31st March and must be contained within a purpose built fire box, clear of the ground.
Only dead wood may be used, no cutting down of trees etc. Fires must not be left unattended.
9. Anglers must be in control of their own rods at all times, rods must not be left unattended
10. No one shall fish with more than TWO rods at any one time.
To do so a member would require a Combi 3 Rod/Night Permit or 3 Rod Day Permit and a visitor would require an appropriate Day Ticket these being available from the Bailiffs.
11. Members not holding a Night Permit shall fish only during the hours of daylight.
12. Any adult wishing to fish over night must either be a member and in possession of a Combi 3Rod/Night Permit or a visitor and in possession
of a 24 Hour Day Ticket. Those permits are available from the Bailiffs.
13. Night Permits are available for Junior Members aged 12 to 16 years. They may be purchased from the day Bailiffs.
The permit may be used by the Junior Member only when accompanied by a supervising adult member over the age of 21.
The supervising adult is totally responsible for the Junior Member at all times.
The Junior Member must fish on a peg adjacent to the supervising adult.
If no adjacent peg is available, the Junior can share a peg with the supervising adult but not more than three rods may be used.
No Junior Member under the age of 12 years may fish over night.
14. Juniors, strictly NO WADING.
15. Fish to be landed by landing nets only, no gaffs to be used.
16. Radios if used should not offend other Anglers.
17. Dogs must be on a lead at all times, any mess to be removed.
18. Footpaths must be kept clear at all times.
20. No cycling around Club waters.
21. No additional stands to be built without permission of the
22. No firearms of any description to be allowed on site.
23. Anyone caught with drugs on any land leased or owned by the Club will be banned and may be reported to the Authorities.
24. Anglers must not remove or damage bank side vegetation, weed beds etc.
25. No coarse fish of any species to be taken from any Club waters.
26. Casting and the use of Bait Boats must not interfere with other anglers.
27. Use of plastic baits of any description is not allowed.
28. No tents allowed.
29. All anglers, especially long stay anglers must ensure that their toiletry requirements are catered for in a way that does not cause any offence or hygiene hazard to any other person.
Failure to comply with this rule may result in disciplinary action being taken against the offending person(s).
30. Anglers must NOT walk along the railway track. To do so may result in prosecution and will result in disciplinary action by the Club.
31. Any angler may be subject to rig checks at any time by an authorised Member of the Committee or Bailiff.
32. No fly fishing at any time.
33. Nothing to be attached to stands, stage stands or any other equipment.
34. Carp anglers must be in possession of a recognised Carp Care Kit.
SPECIAL RULES FOR PIKE FISHING
(LEAVE NO LITTER, OFFENDERS WILL BE BANNED)
1. Pike fishing to be October 1st – March 31st. MEMBERS ONLY.
2. The use of keep nets is FORBIDDEN.
3. Junior members fishing for Pike must be accompanied by a
competent adult, over 21 years of age.
4. Anglers must use adequate equipment for handling large
fish, ie, specimen sized landing net 36 inch, and unhooking
mat 36 inch x 24 inch, long forceps, wire traces and reel
lines of 12lb (5.5kg) minimum breaking strain.
5. All fish to be returned to the water live.
6. No live baits over 6”(15cm) to be used.
7. No carp or tench to be used as live bait.
8. Only fish caught on the water to be used as live bait.
9. Live baits must be kept in a large bucket.
10. Rods must not be left unattended.
11. No GAGS allowed.